Charlbury is a Cotswold Market Town with a Charter granted by King Henry III in 1256. The original market place was in Church Street but nowadays there is too much traffic and street closure is not an option. The Playing Close is a superb location and the Trustees of Thomas Gifford's Charity (the landowner) has agreed that Charlbury farmers' markets can take place there. Charlbury has a long history, which can be viewed in the Museum and its five Churches, it also has a hotel, a variety of pubs, delicatessen, book shop, newsagents, chemists, estate agents, general stores and a library.
To this was added our first Farmers' Market in July 2001 of 8 stalls. We now attract about 30 stalls quarterly with a range of products from plants to willow baskets, chillies to sheepskins. All the produce comes from within a 50 mile radius of Charlbury and complies with TVFMC rules.
We also allow stalls that promote Charlbury's many activities such as the annual Street Fair, Beer Festival and Children's Playgroup.
The Playing Close
OX7 3RJ (Map)
2nd Saturday Quarterly
09:00 - 13:00
|Dairy & Eggs|
|Preserves & Honey|
|Dockwood Ltd||chutneys, chilli glaze, balsamic dressing, smoked cheese|